wtorek, 17 marca 2015

Family day


Family Day



We left Kraków about 11a.m the 15th of March and on the 16th, 1:30a.m we landed in India. The trip was pretty exciting and fun, first we flew to Frankfurt which was great because we got to see one of the biggest airports in the world (and it really was huge). We had to take the train to get to our terminal 😯 and we only had like 1 hour so it was a little rush. But we made it and the next step was flying to India in an Airbus. It was also quite big but it felt safer during the flight, more stable I guess. We had to fly for 8 hours but it didn't fell long. We could watch some movies, listen to music, talk and eat so for me it felt like 4 hours not 8. An hour before landing Me and Kasia started to freak out a little bit. We were scared and super excited at the same time. The plane was very punctual, it landed at 1:30a.m but it took some time to deal with the papers and pick up our luggage. We weren't expecting such enthusiastic welcome but it was some nice of all the Hindi families to welcome us so kindly 😊 We took some photos and we quickly said goodbye to each other. It was 3 o'clock in the morning so we didn't want to keep everybody awake for so long. Every one of us went home with their families. After about 25 minutes of driving I've arrived to the Orchid Petals Sonha where my family lives. 




My partner name is Kshiti Sinha and we've been talking for a while before the journey so it's not like we don't know each other at all. I got to meet her parents: Prabhat and Reshma who already seemed really nice. We didn't talk long becouse it was early in the morning so they've showed me around and all of us went to bed. I can't say it was easy to sleep with all these emotions inside me but finally the tiredness won and fell into deep sleep. I woke up at 11:30 a.m which was really kind of my family to let me stay in bed that long. Kshiti told me that she got up only an hour before me so we ate breakfast together. W had scrambled egg with some toasts, it was really tasty. After breakfast I talked with Kshiti and her grandfather for a while. He's been to Poland two times, first in 1975 and than in 1988 so He can speak Polish a bit. We were able to exchange some words and He told me about his visits. Than we 've decided to play in Ludo (our Chińczyk) with Kshiti and his brother. It was fun, we've talked and ate some chocolate. I also got to talk with Asia and she offered that we can meet and go to the cinema or just do something together.  I thought it would be great so Kshitit arranged a meeting in the Ambience Mall, which is about half an hour of drivig form my house. About 4p.m we ate lunch (typical Indian food, yummy!) and than Kshiti called for a taxi. I think it was the best ride I've ever experienced. Literally everybody was beeping and there was no line of cars, they were all mixed, going their own way. The pedestrians walked wherever they wanted to, they did not care about driving cars. In the Mall I met Asia's and Weronika's partners, we talked a bit and had some fun together. It's all about getting to know each other better right now. Mr. Prabhat came to pick us up around 8 p.m and we gave Weronika and her partner a lift so it took some time to get home. But the funny traffics and kind people kept the road interesting. In the evening we ate dinner which was really delicious, I got to try this special Indian bread which I've tried already in Poland in the India restaurant but here it's different of course. After that we talked a bit and I have my family some presents I brought from Kraków here, I hope they like it. Around 11p.m I went to my room to preper myself for sleep because tomorrow we have to get earlier, around 8 o'clock. This whole trip is beginning to be the journey of my life. I've never been in a place like that before, never participated in an exchange program and never had the opportunity to get to know a family this way. It's all new but it's all amazing and I can't say how grateful I am for being here. I have contact with the other students and one of them told me that She's in love with India so I guess it's not only my opinion. by Natalia Nikoniuk

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz