środa, 27 maja 2015

Crazy guides Communism Tours and Salt Mine Visit

  

  


 
Our Indian friends are now being in Poland for six days and I can't believe that it's passing so fast! Unfortunately, most of the time polish students were spending at school but we all know studying is important and we are actually given three days off next week so no complains!
I was very happy to go around Kazimierz with our friends on Sunday, I think it was very enriching not only for them but for the polish group also. We had a nice guide, the weather left a lot to be desired but at least it wasn't raining :) Before that, I took Kshiti to Jurgów where I'm lucky to have a house so that She could relax by the fire place and feel what it means to live in the mountains. She told me that She's really happy that I took her, even for one day. We had a barbeque, we went for a walk, watched some movies and talked. She even went to the local church to participate in a slovakian mass (You have to understand that the polish one was at 8 o'clock and it was Sunday...). We came back on time to meet our friends at Kazimierz.
Monday was school mostly, the Indians were shown around at school, there was a welcoming and some organisation talks. What was really funny that day is that me, Asia and Weronika took our girls to the first lesson (we were supposed to meet at 9 and the lessons starts at 8) which was maths and it was of course in Polish....Kshiti told me that she understood the numbers but, well, Polish is not that simple ;p
After we finished the lessons we got some time to walk aroud the Main Squere. We even baught some souvenirs already. We were supposed to meet at 5 o'clock in Polonia's House for the opening of an exhibition of our IB school friends. I think the whole idea si amazing becouse young people don't often get an opportunity to show themselves in public and the works were pretty impressive - looking forward for more :)
On Thuesday we did not see each other much becouse we left our indian friends at 9 o'clock in the mornign and we met again at 7:30 in the evenign. I'm glad that I had some time to do my school work but still it was a bit boring without them. I asked Kshiti about the Nowa Huta sightseeing becouse I've never known that there is a possibility to go around this place with a guide. She told me that, except the rainign, the whole trip was quite interesting, they got to see how a communist house looks like and they've learned a bit about this part of our history. I think it is important to raise awarness of the importance of the time of communis in Poland becouse it really affected our lives and these affects could still be seen. 
They also visited Wieliczka but, as it usually happens there, they had fun, no explanation needed :)
I'm looking forward to Friday because the weather is supposed to be nicer and we're going to Warsaw so we can focus more on sharing our country with our foreign friends than on doing homework. Actually the whole next week will be much more interesting for us polish students, of course it will be pretty intense but exchanges are about finding out and getting to know the country as much as you can, not about resting. 
Motivated and ready for some more culture acknowledging!
Natalia Nikoniuk

 

  

  

  



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz